|Position Title:||Data Architecture Specialist|
|Contract Type:||12 months|
|Duty Station:||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Salary:||Annual base salary starting at USD 50,377|
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations. The Strategic Health Operations (SHO) Department of the Health Emergencies Programme is responsible for ensuring that emergency-affected populations have access to timely and effective health services. This includes ensuring a strong emergency management system (based on incident management), effective and inclusive coordination mechanisms, joint assessments and planning by partners, implementation of operations and services according to agreed standards, and strong logistics and operational support.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide technical assistance in business analysis and data and solutions architecture for global Emergency Operations Centre Information Systems, identifying best-in-class technical approaches for meeting stakeholder requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the quality, usability and user-friendliness of EOC Information Systems.
- Define stories and prioritize the team backlog in support of streamlining the execution of solution development priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Information System features.
- Focus on quality design and high performance and usability of Geographic Information System features of EOC Information Systems in order to provide a high level of situation awareness to the World Health Emergencies programme.
- Review quality of code and data structure when relevant.
- Provide technical input and support of the development of a roadmap of the Event Management Suite Application Builder, which is the low-code platform at the core of the Event Management Suite.
- Liaise with contractors that are developing the EOC Information Systems to ensure they understand clearly the work that needs to be performed, delivery quality results in a timely manner, and resolve any issues promptly.
- Perform other duties related to EOC Information Systems development, as required.
The incumbent will also provide backup for the staff members supporting day-today EOC telecommunications and facilities. This work will include:
- Ensuring EOC’s functionality, systems, hardware, software, and staff support tools are well maintained and operational.
- Planning, scheduling, organizing, and monitoring meetings, web, video, and teleconferences in EOC and other conference rooms.
- Manage and monitor administration in relations to the generic EOC e-mail account and responding to all requests and queries designated to staff for action.
- Provide operational and information management support to specific emergency responses.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties as required.
Essential: University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or Business Administration with a major in Software Engineering or similar.
Desirable: Formal education or training in Geographic Information Systems, Agile and / or PRINCE2 Project Management Certification.
Essential: At least 2 years of international professional experience in software architecture and development, and / or software Product Ownership.
Desirable: Experience in WHO, the UN System and/or NGOs in the area of information systems development; experience with Emergency Management software; experience with design and development of Geographic Information Systems.
- Excellent knowledge of software solutions architecture and trends in software development.
- Outstanding ability to understand complex business requirements and translate them into software solution design.
- Good knowledge of telecommunications and audio visual equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary settings and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 50,377 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3283 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Grades and Salaries in UN
- Grade P means Professional category, staff member are normally recruited internationally. Read more about grades in UN organizations here.
- Useful information about Salaries in UN you will find following the link.
- United Nations Common System to help you calculate the compensation package for staff in professional category in following the link.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.