|Position Title:||Expert Quality Improvement Programme|
|Contract Type:||Three years|
|Duty Station:||Bern, Switzerland|
|Salary:||Annual salary: (Net of tax) 62,692 USD|
With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Under the supervision of Quality Improvement Programme Manager, undertake expert role on Quality Improvement activities
1. Expertise duties
1.1. Assessment of quality reports and analysis:
- Maintain contacts with dedicated units, gather information (figures and others) received on following topics: quality of service and customer services activities based on UPU measurement systems and dashboards (information extracted from Global Monitoring System (GMS), Quality Control System (QCS), Integrated Quality Reporting System (IQRS), Registered Article Measurement System (RAMS), etc.;
- Produce assessments and analyses of collected data results and reports with reasons for any quality inefficiencies.
1.2. Quality improvement actions
- Propose actions to correct quality inefficiencies,
- Assist in the development of Quality of Service work plan, the Regional Development Plans (RDPs), and the subsequent regional QS projects;
- Assist in the implementation of the regional QS projects;
- Draft progress reports on the implementation of the regional QS projects;
- Carry out on-site process review, evaluation or operational improvement activities to support other programmes in DOP, where appropriate.
1.3. Development/design of new or additional validation methodologies:
- Cooperate in the strategy of the UPU quality measurement systems with the program manager and other experts;
- Assess the requirements for the improvement of UPU quality of service systems by the use of specific tools and methodologies to be used;
- Examine possibilities of development and implementation of new methodologies;
- Suggest and draft new technical solutions;
- Develop and maintain a validation methodology for quality of service measurement against standards and targets.
1.4. Promotion, implementation and support activities
- Assist the program manager in promoting UPU systems and establishing necessary contacts with stakeholders;
- Assist the program manager in organizing actions to sensitize operators to poor quality results;
- Elaborate positions in view of meetings in technical areas under direct responsibility;
- Draft and update the UPU publications relating to quality improvement.
- Facilitate the use of developed tools and methodologies for the QS measurement;
- Contribute to the effective implementation of in the field support activities in UPU member countries (collaboration in follow-up of implementation calendar and progress, setting-up of regional/countries objectives.
- Provide support and guidance relating to UPU quality measurement requirements;
- Prepare the responses to the queries regarding the operations of postal services and the issuance of EmIS and IB circulars relating to the programme;
- Train operators during regional workshops.
2. Secretariat duties within the area of responsibilities
Act as Assistant Secretary or Secretary of the relevant UPU bodies dealing with quality improvement:
- Prepare draft agendas, documents on proposals / recommendations and meeting reports
- Provide advice and briefings for Chairs of the UPU bodies in the competency of the Programme.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelor or equivalent in economics / IT / exact sciences (statistics, mathematics for example) / business administration or equivalent
5 years of experience in postal operations and solid knowledge of process mapping outbound and inbound processes as well as postal transport arrangements.
1. Solid knowledge in quality management and improvement
2. Knowledge of international postal rules and regulations in the domain covered by the position
3. Projects management skills
4. Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Creative and analytical talents
2. Ability to conceptualize new ideas, research the new ideas, and evaluate them objectively
3. Practical orientation
4. Communications skills
5. Results oriented
Fluency in French or English with good communication skills (oral and written) in the other language.
Knowledge of any other UN language would be an asset.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Priority shall be given for an internal promotion.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
The UPU is committed to encouraging diversity within its workforce. Interested candidates from minority groups and/or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated equally and in the strictest confidence.
Candidates must ensure that they provide relevant contact details so that they can be contacted at any time, to prevent them from being excluded from the selection process.
Annual salary: (Net of tax) 62,692 USD
Post adjustment: 73.5 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.
All applications must be received by the closing date as stated in the vacancy announcement.
All applicants employed by postal entities and applying for a vacant position in the Professional (P) or Senior (D) category must be recommended and submitted through the competent postal authority.
Applications not satisfying this criterion may not be considered.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Applications from women and member states are particularly encouraged.
The UPU promotes diversity and work-life balance.
For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the UPU internet page at: https://upu.int/en/Universal-Postal-Union/Careers
Grades and Salaries in UN
- Grade P means Professional category, staff member are normally recruited internationally. Read more about grades in UN organizations here.
- Useful information about Salaries in UN you will find following the link.
- United Nations Common System to help you calculate the compensation package for staff in professional category in following the link.
To apply for this job please visit erecruit.upu.int.