|Position Title:||Informatics Associate|
|Contract Type:||2 years|
|Duty Station:||Manila, Philippines|
|Salary:||Annual net base salary starting at PHP 746,790|
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Information Technology Group (ITG) provides information and technologies management and support services to WHO technical programmes in the Region. The unit is also responsible for the formulation, implementation and coordination of IT strategies and policies in the Region.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Perform initial processing of information and communication technology (ICT) service requests from users in the Western Pacific Region.
2. Identify and timely resolve end-user IT incidents and problems on-site, face-to-face or remotely in the Regional Office and country offices.
3. Ensure timely and proper fulfillment of the in-scope service requests in the service desk management system.
4. Assign service requests which are out-of-scope for the Regional Service Desk to support teams.
5. Install, configure, maintain computers, mobile devices, and other hardware inventory.
6. Provide technical assistance for video conferencing and teleconference requirements.
7. Liaise with vendors for hardware repairs and maintenance.
8. Provide technical information and guidance to staff and IT focal points in countries.
9. Monitor and analyse reported incidents to ensure early detection of problems in the ICT services and resolution by the support teams.
10. Perform technical documentation and generate reports.
11. Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor and management.
Essential: Graduation from secondary school. Technical training in computer studies or information technology or equivalent.
Desirable: Recognised up to date IT certifications such as Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, ITIL, Network Administration, university degree are a plus.
Essential: At least eight (8) years of experience in providing end-user IT support, installation and administration of information technology systems and hardware. Experience in the use of virtual meeting platforms, video conference systems and directing video and computer presentations to facilitate presentations.
Desirable: At least one year using a Service Desk Management System.
- Excellent end-user support, interpersonal and technical skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Logical thinker, good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to write technical documentation and reports.
- Ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress situations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard in a high-pressure environment
- Proficient in recent Microsoft Windows Operating System , Microsoft applications suite and web- based application environments.
- Proficient in recent Apple device and operating environments
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PHP 746,790 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Grades and Salaries in UN
- Grade G means General Services: Staff is locally recruited and they provide administrative and support services in both headquarter and field duty stations. Read more about grades in UN organizations here.
- UN Salary scales for staff in the General Service and related categories, following the link.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.