|Position Title:||Information Systems Officer (SAP Technical development and Integration)|
|Contract Type:||Fixed term|
|Duty Station:||New York, United States|
|Salary:||Annual base salary starting at $62,692 (USD)|
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Development and Integration team, SAP Development, Technical integration architecture, Fiori/Apps, Delivery Team of the ERPSD (Enterprise Resource Planning Solution Division) in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance in New York. The Information Systems Officer (SAP Technical Development and Integration) will report to ERP Officers.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN’s human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org.
The SAP technology specialist supports the ongoing implementations of the ERP SAP implementation of the Umoja solution specifically the Enterprise Central Component (ECC), Workflow and Interfaces with both SAP and non-SAP systems and applications, as well as in respect of back-end integration points across systems and workstreams of the Umoja solution [particularly Finance and SCM] and integration with Cloud solutions.
Under direct supervision of ERP Officers, the post will specifically support work in the following areas of the ERP implementation by alignment with best practices:
1. Ongoing Technical DEVELOPMENT and PROGRAMMING: under the direction of the technical lead.
– Supports the definition, design, coding, testing and deployment workflows, reports, integrations, customizations, enhancements and forms primarily using ABAP and other SAP specific technologies such as IDocs, BAPIs, RFCs, PI/PO, BADI, Fiori, Web Dynpro.
– Supports existing FRICEW objects, analyzing any defects/issues raised, applying OSS notes, supporting any issues with FRICEW, identify gaps and provide solution(s), translate it to technical efforts and estimate the work for the same.
– Provides support to existing SAP implementation and develop incremental enhancements to functionality and/or new functionality as needed.
– Assists the SAP Architect in diagnosing issues, creating prototypes (as necessary) and liaising with Functional Teams ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
– Effectively analyzes root causes to provide solutions for production and development or assure optimization of performance objects and systems utilizing best practices.
– Develops and maintains appropriate documentation in respect of all of the above [covering the initial analysis of requirements, architecture design options, and the deployment cycle from build, testing to releasing activities].
– Build, develop and grow business relationships with users, IT teams and partners.
– Provide regular communication to management on work assignment issues and status.
2. INTEGRATION: under the guidance of the Integration Architect.
– Supports the building and maintenance of complex objects which involves integration to external systems.
– Develops and maintains integration of many interrelated systems, program elements and applications; ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide-area issues.
3. Application Life Management [ALM] and ChaRM
– Assists in Development methodologies.
– Utilizes tools like ChaRM for ensuring developments within the SAP area are transported correctly throughout the landscape and assisting other teams for any transport failures related to development objects.
– Recommends SAP best practices across the project for ensuring proper implementations of Releases and Upgrades.
4. Others as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP development in ABAP for Business Suite and S4Hana. Understanding of SAP implementation and Methodology and high-level programming languages. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. SAP Certifications are desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of an ERP information systems within an SAP environment is required.
Experience with development in SAP and with the related SAP tools for implementation, which includes: ABAP, Webdynpro, is required.
Experience with SAP Public Sector modules such as Finance Integration, Funds and Grants Management (FM/GM) and Supply Chain Modules [SCM] as well as with interfaces and data transfers from/to SAP and non-SAP systems is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
This position is financed by Umoja funding. The appointment or assignment and renewal thereof are subject to the availability of the post or funds, budgetary approval or extension of the mandate.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
At the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
Pursuant to section 7.11 of ST/AI/2012/2/Rev.1, candidates recruited through the young professionals programme who have not served for a minimum of two years in the position of their initial assignment are not eligible to apply to this position.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Grades and Salaries in UN
- Grade P means Professional category, staff member are normally recruited internationally. Read more about grades in UN organizations here.
- Useful information about Salaries in UN you will find following the link.
- United Nations Common System to help you calculate the compensation package for staff in professional category in following the link.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.