|Position Title:||Senior Technician (Radar)|
|Duty Station:||Geilenkirchen, Germany|
|Salary:||4,809.65Euro (EUR) Monthly|
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America.
We are a unique multinational flying force with operational capability located at the NATO Airbase Geilenkirchen. With its 14 E-3A aircraft, our organization plays a critical role in NATO and our mission is to deliver ready, responsive Airborne Early Warning, Battle Management, and Command and Control capability to operational commanders in support of NAC-approved tasks.
The Logistics Wing (LW) is responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of the NE-3A fleet conducted at the Main Operating Base (MOB)/Forward Operating Bases/Location (FOBs/L) and other deployed locations to sustain delivery of the E-3A Component operational output. The Maintenance Production Squadron is responsible for the management of all short-term maintenance activities and executes all scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance. The Aircraft Electronics Systems Branch performs and supports all requirements for scheduled, unscheduled maintenance on aircraft
electronic systems and components for communication, computers, ESM, radar, avionics at MOB and all deployed locations.
The Radar Section performs on and off equipment maintenance and repair of E-3A surveillance radar and Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) interrogator systems.
The incumbent is responsible for performing organizational and intermediate level maintenance of E-3A a/c surveillance Radar and IFF systems as well as Radar related simulator / software maintenance equipment. Contributes to the Logistics Wing (LW) training programme.
To find out more about the background, please visit our Homepage https://awacs.nato.int/
The incumbent`s duties are:
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled on and off equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, servicing, inspection, testing, modification, evaluation, repair, replacement, overhaul, calibration, adjustment and resolving technical problems of Radar and IFF systems, components, and related support equipment in accordance with applicable technical publications and directives;
- Assisting in implementing modifications to the E-3A Radar and IFF system in order to meet modern operational detection requirements;
- Assisting mission system Radar software testing and initiating the appropriate Technical Order changes;
- Performing maintenance on electronic radar equipment with minimal supervision;
- Occasionally coordinating and scheduling short term maintenance and modernization activities in order to meet mission requirements;
- Assisting in planning and co-coordinating daily work details according to established priorities;
- Assisting during modernizations throughout the full implementation phase;
- Identifying requirements and introducing Proposed Technical Solutions;
- Occasionally interfacing with internal and external functional elements regarding maintenance activities;
- Performing periodic inspections and preventive maintenance; using applicable safety and other relevant procedures in system maintenance and operation;
- Operating diagnostic electronic and computer based test equipment;
- Maintaining and monitoring inspection and maintenance forms, records and databases;
- Functioning as technical publications, special test equipment, Consolidated Tool Kit (CTK) and tool monitor;
- As functional area subject matter expert (SME), provides the LW Training Section inputs on training analysis, required level of learning and method of delivery related aspects;
- As functional area subject matter expert (SME), supports other LW training courses as directed;
- Conducting on-the-job training (OJT) and advises newly assigned personnel;
- Identifying, proposing and evaluating technical and/or software data changes and modifications;
- Assisting in the establishment and improvement of preventative and corrective maintenance procedures;
- Assisting other technicians in performing work on other E-3A A/C systems and maintaining other E-3A A/C electronic systems when appropriately trained and/or qualified;
- Operating logistics related computer terminals;
- Operating motor vehicles, support and test equipment;
- Supporting other squadron activities and assisting in special projects as required;
- Performing dispatcher and general housekeeping duties, including ground snow/ice removal.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Very good working knowledge of electronics, electromagnetic, radio waves, alternating current signals, network analysis as well as good overall technical knowledge in preferably electronic sensor and/or Radar systems maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of and professional experience in interpreting technical publications and independently analysing and rectifying complex technical problems.
- Higher Secondary education and completed intermediate vocational training in a/c electronics system maintenance, alternatively in an electro-technical/mechanical (or related) field, encompassing the theory of basic electronics, electro-mechanical devices, solid-state components and digital techniques, or Secondary education and completed appropriate advanced vocational training with at least 4 additional years of post related, current
- Driving license equivalent to European Class B.
- Adequate level of Automatic Data Processing (ADP) systems is essential;
- The work, both oral and written, in this post and in this Headquarters as a whole is conducted in English. Consequently, adequate level of English proficiency is required.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADVANTAGE
- Previous NATO assignment;
- Experience working in an international/military environment;
- Knowledge of / professional experience in maintaining a/c electronic sensor systems.
- Knowledge of / experience in utilizing state of the art digital / analogue test equipment.
- Training in electronic sensor systems maintenance.
Please attach any documentation (proof of highest education, diplomas, certificates, testimonials etc.) that you consider to be particularly relevant to the qualification requirements specified in this advertisement.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
Newly recruited staff will be initially offered a definite duration contract of three years. Thereafter, an indefinite duration contract might be offered.
Salary value indicated in this vacancy notice is based on NATO`s Single Salary Spine scale.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation, family and children’s allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff;
- Education allowance for children (where applicable) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible);
- Retirement Pension Plan.
Please note that the test/interview (if invited) is conducted in accordance with current COVID-19 restrictions (if applicable). Our recruitment team will provide further guidance for invited candidates.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, the screening process may take up to 2 months after closing date. We appreciate your patience.
NATO Grades and Salaries
- Useful information about Grades and Salaries in NATO you will find them here.
- About general information working for NATO, Member States, What is offered, Regulation, Contract policy, NATO salaries and benefits and all other opportunities following the NATO official link here.
To apply for this job please visit nato.taleo.net.