|Position Title:||Service Area Owner (Workstream Collaboration Services)|
|Grade:||NATO Grade G20|
|Duty Station:||Braine l’Alleud, Belgium|
|Salary:||8,887.53Euro (EUR) Monthly|
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America. The NATO Communications & Information Agency is leading NATO’s Digital Endeavour. We are NATO’s technology and cyber leaders, helping NATO Nations to communicate and work together in smarter ways. Our work is challenging and meaningful, and you will develop and apply your expertise as part of a dynamic international team of civilian and military professionals.
What do we offer?
- Genuinely meaningful work as part of the most successful alliance in history.
- 3 year contract with competitive tax-free salary and household and children’s allowances
- Privileges for expatriate staff including expatriation and education allowances (where appropriate) and additional home leave
- Excellent private health insurance scheme
- Generous annual leave of 30 days plus official holidays
- Pension Scheme
About the job
Based in Braine L’Alleud, Belgium you will join the Agency as we embark on a journey to transform our IT services to support NATO’s Digital Endeavour. NATO Digital Workplace Centre (NDWC) is accountable for the consolidated Agency consultation and collaboration services that comprise the current Digital Workplace, covering the operational NATO services, across all content classifications and security domains, for desktop computing, mail, instant messaging, video teleconference (VTC), content services platforms, telephony, printing and mobility services. Within NDW, the Service Area Owner for Workstream Collaboration Services (WCS) is responsible for the development, transition, delivery, improvement, integrity, and retirement of the services within area of responsibility.
For a full list of duties, please review the job description. Here. http://www.ncia.nato.int/resources/site1/general/employment/jobs23/230259.pdf
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable IT professional with a Master’s degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline and 5 years post-related experience. Or a Bachelor’s degree with 8 years post related experience.
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation certification;
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, support, testing, delivery and maintenance of Workstream Collaboration Services (WCS);
- Knowledge of architectural design as applied to computer systems;
- Knowledge and experience in state-of-the-art technologies, relevant to Workstream Collaboration or Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC), including usage to ensure effective information dissemination and information sharing;
- Strong experience as team leader of large teams of highly skilled subject matter experts;
- Experience in leading teams that are geographically dispersed
- Experience in applying multi-discipline engineering and management techniques in the acquisition of complex communication and information systems;
- Significant knowledge of international, commercial/industrial standards for information processing and transfer of information;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with good briefing skills;
- Knowledge of cyber security techniques to protect information;
- Knowledge and experience with cloud-based services such as Microsoft Azure, CISCO WebEx, MS Teams, Moodle and others.
Knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential.
To learn more about the NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
Please note that ALL SELECTED CANDIDATES, with the exception of currently employed NATO International Civilians (NIC’s) will be appointed at the first Increment of the indicated NATO Grade, i.e. NATO Grade X, Increment 1.This is the salary referred to in this vacancy notice. Extra increments can only be considered for candidates from another Co-Ordinated Organisation.
Selected candidates who are not nationals of the host country and who have not been continuously resident in the host country for at least one year may be eligible for an expatriate allowance. For the purposes of determining continuous residence, NATO considers mainly the work location at the time recruitment started, independent of whether various ties were kept with the home country. For more information on our allowances click here.
All selected candidates are required to complete a Security Clearance, Medical Clearance and Pre-employment Screening process before joining the NCI Agency. This process will require time, so please keep in mind that you will not be able to start working with us right away.
NATO Grades and Salaries
- Useful information about Grades and Salaries in NATO you will find them here.
- About general information working for NATO, Member States, What is offered, Regulation, Contract policy, NATO salaries and benefits and all other opportunities following the NATO official link here.
To apply for this job please visit nato.taleo.net.