Here at JobsinICT.com we care about jobseekers and we want to help them realize their full potential, while getting the job they deserve and love.
This is why we are starting the “Jobseekers” series of articles where you will find more and more consolidated knowledge on how to improve your odds, based on the authors’ experience.
Articles will revolve around the top 10 activities that provide maximum benefit for the effort :
- Networking: Building connections through professional and social networks can help you stay informed about job openings and opportunities. Attend networking events, join professional organizations and connect with individuals in your desired field.
- Resume: Ensure that your resume accurately reflects your skills, experiences, and achievements. Consider having a professional review it for accuracy and impact.
- Job Boards and Online Applications: Utilize popular job boards such as LinkedIn and Glassdoor, and company websites to search for job openings and apply directly. Also, sign up for job alerts to receive notifications of new postings.
- Informational Interviews: Reach out to individuals in your desired field for informational interviews. This provides an opportunity to learn more about the industry and companies of interest, and to gain insights into the job market.
- Skills Development: Continuously develop new skills and expand your knowledge in your desired field. This can increase your marketability and competitiveness in the job market.
- Reference Building: Build a strong network of professional references who can vouch for your skills, work ethic, and achievements.
- Company Research: Research companies and industries of interest, and understand their culture, mission, and values.
- LinkedIn Profile: Optimize your LinkedIn profile to make a strong professional impression and increase your visibility to potential employers.
- Cover Letter: Craft a compelling and well-written cover letter that showcases your relevant skills and experiences and demonstrates your enthusiasm for the position and company.
- Follow-Up: After applying or interviewing, follow up with the hiring manager to express your continued interest in the position. This shows initiative and demonstrates your professional communication skills.
While this is certainly not an exhaustive list of activities a jobseeker should perform, in our opinion they are the most effective in your journey of getting the job you deserve and love.